Coco Chanel once said: “If you’re sad, add more lipstick and attack.” Be ready to get happy with these kiss-proof matte lipsticks
Matte lips are one of the secrets of a good kiss – and luckily, matte lipsticks are everywhere. They come in a variety of vibrant colours, give a perfect velvety finish and last for hours without smudging. Take your pick from this alluring selection.
Stick to the Classics
1. When you need some glamour and sophistication, keep a bullet lipstick on hand. Say yes to the iconic Ruby Woo matte lipstick by MAC – this timeless classic will make you feel like a Hollywood starlet all day long.
2. With its spaceship look, Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte offers richly pigmented hues; when enriched with hydrating agents, it feels like a comfy lip balm.
3. If you’re looking for a true object of desire, Tom Ford Lip Color Matte is a great pick. The tantalising packaging hides luxurious colours, while its unique formula smooths comfortably onto the lips.
Join the Liquid Team
4. In the liquid-matte family, ask for Lime Crime Velvetines Matte Liquid Lipsticks. This cruelty-free vegan lipstick is inspired by the colours and the soft touch of rose petals. Isn’t that the key to a romantic kiss?
5. To complete a natural summer look, make room for Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Kiss & Blush. It instantly makes your lips feel velvety and adds a soft dash of colour to your cheeks.
6. Planning a crazy night out? Reach for the avant-garde Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick. This waterproof formula glides on as easily as a lip gloss, but dries matte with a trendy, glitzy finish. Make sure to swipe on a coat before going out.
Pull Out Your Pencil
7. Precise and practical, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil is a must-have, which can be used alone or paired with another lip product. Give the vivid red Dragon Girl shade or the dusty rose Dolce Vita a try.
Images: © Make-Up Art Cosmetics (MAC); Shu Uemura; Tom Ford; Lime Crime; YSL Beauté; Urban Decay Cosmetics; NARS; illustration from Freepik